Saturday, February 27, 2010


The kids spent the night with their Grandma and Grandpa last night and this morning I got a call from my mom because we switched Rachael's interferon shots to Saturday and mom was giving it to her.  I gave her the instructions last night and so this morning she called to question it because the mixture of sterile water with the powder was different on the label than what I told her over the phone.


I have urgent messages to her study nurse but it's Saturday and I think I'm just going to have to wait.  I have a sinking feeling though that we have been giving her too diluted medication and that this might disqualify her for the study she is in.

This means that moving to Houston for a month was for nothing.  This means that if we decide to continue with the medium-dose of interferon she will no longer get the type I wanted her to get.  This means the study would no longer pay for the medication and we will have all the co-pays.  This means that she would have to get 3 shots a week instead of one and the highs and lows of the medication will be more pronounced.  If what I fear is true, it means that the side affects she has been feeling came from a medication that was diluted by HALF.

I am praying it's not true and if you would join me in prayer that even if it is true we will be allowed to continue the study and that Rachael will not suffer for the mistake.  We are now 11 shots in.

I am worried and trying very hard to be patient as I wait to hear back.