Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Your light will shine when all else fades



Tonight five men and women gathered in our home to pray for Rachael and our family. Some of them were the closest of friends. Others we barely know. But in Jesus and in our love for one little child who loves her Heavenly Father we were united. It was some of the most powerful prayer I have ever been privileged to hear and to have it poured over our family will remain with us a long time. Others joined us in spirit and right now I am feeling a deep intimacy with God that has been unmatched in my life.

One of the things about melanoma is that it is silent. It lurks and no one knows why or how but something might trigger it to grow and then it can become a killer. We have been given a prognosis for Rachael that says based on adults – and we know that children tend to do better though we don’t know why – she has a 50-75% chance of being disease-free in 10 years. But we won’t know. It might be inside her.

Inside her.

I’ve been reflecting on that a lot. I’ve mentioned before that it bothers me that she will never be able to donate blood. I think I know why that bugs me so much now. It’s like she is tainted on the inside.

Friends, let me tell you right now…. My daughter has Jesus inside her. He is her friend. Her comfort. Her salvation. And He will consume her inside and that will show on the outside. She has asked me why God has allowed this. She questions but she still has complete faith. Her faith is stronger than mine and she inspires me. I tell her that I don’t know why but I do know that God is good and He loves her.

I pray that our family will be eternally changed for God’s glory through this journey and that He will consume us all from the inside out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danielle,

    I am praying for your little girl. My husband is Skip (worship/media pastor at RLF) and he filled me in on all that is taking place with your precious child. I know you don't know me, but please let me know if there is anything I can do for you and your family. God is so much bigger than all that is happening right now. Love this song you posted. So true and needed!

    ReplyDelete